Nava Graha Mantra-VENUS (Śukra):
Jan 18, 2010 by lakshmi
Venus is the son of the sage Brgu and has silver body color and holds a white lotus flower in his hand, a teacher for Diti’s sons – demons, travels on crane like bird. He showers good health, family life on the seeker.
Chant the following mantra twenty times on a Friday.
Himakunda mruṇālābham daityānām param gurum|
Sarva śāstra prvaktāram bhārgavam praṇamāmyaham||
- Word Meanings:
- Himakunda: snow and the kundala flower
- daityānām : for the demons
- param gurum: great teacher
- Sarva śāstra: all the śāstras
- prvaktāram: expounder/teacher
- bhārgavam : name of the Śukra, a preceptor of Asuras( demons)
- praṇamāmyaham: I bow down
I bow down to Venus (śukra) who is white like snow, a lotus stalk, and a kundala flower, who is a great teacher to demons and is expounder of all śāstras.
- Pronounce ā like in Car
- Pronounce ṇ like in under
- Pronounce ś like in shove