Nava Graha Mantra-SATURN (Śani) :
Jan 18, 2010 by lakshmi
Sani wears black colored garments and holds a lump of jaggery in one hand and shows the symbol abhaya mudra with the other hand. He travels on crow. He is a great intellectual, gives good or bad results equally. He has great devotion towards his mother and responsible for life span of the seeker.
Chant the following mantra nineteen times on a Saturday.
Nīlānjana samābhāsam raviputram yamāgrajam|
Chāyāmārtānda sambhūtam tam namāmi śaniścaram||
- Word Meanings:
- Nīlānjana : dark blue colored flowers of antimony
- samābhāsam : same brightness
- raviputram : son of Ravi (Sun)
- yamāgrajam: brother of Yama
- Chāyāmārtānda: Chāya consort of Sun
- sambhūtam: born of
- tam namāmi : I bow down
I bow down to Saturn (śani) who is like dark blue colored flowers of antimony, who has the same brightness like the sun and elder brother to Yama and born of chāya and sun and who is of slow gait.
- Pronounce ā like in Car
- Pronounce ṇ like in under
- Pronounce ī like in feet
- Pronounce ś like in shove
- Pronounce ca like in chair