Nava Graha Mantra-Mercury(Budha)
Jan 18, 2010 by lakshmi
Mercury is the son of Moon. The seeker can be successful in the fields of education, science, music, astrology, math, sculpture and medicine with Budha’s blessings.
Chant the following mantra seventeen times on a Wednesday.
Priyangu gulikāśhyāmam rūpeṇa pratimam budham|
Soumyam soumyaguṇopetam tam budham praṇamāmyaham||
- Priyangu gulikā: Priyangu is a flowering creeper that flowers at the touch of a woman
- śhyāmam : dark like
- rūpeṇa : appears
- pratimam : a figure
- budham: planet Budha
- Soumyam: sun of soma(moon)
- soumyaguṇopetam: having the qualities like soft, amiable and good
- tam budham : to Budha
- praṇamāmyaham: I bow down
I bow down to Mercury (Budha) who is dark like the Priyāngu creeper, who is exceedingly handsome, who is endowed with qualities like soft , amiable ,good and who is son of the Moon.
- Pronounce ā like in Car
- Pronounce ṇ like in under
- Pronounce ś like in shove