Jan 13, 2010 by lakshmi
8. Āpadāmapahartāram dātāram sarvasampadām
Lokābhirāmam srirāmam bhūyo bhūyo namāmyaham||
- Āpadāmapa: away from calamities / misfortunes;
- Hartāram: dispeller;
- Dātāram: grants;
- Sarvasampadām: every kind of good fortune;
- Lokābhirāmam: Lord of the whole world;
- Srirāmam: Oh Rāma.;
- Bhūyo bhūyo: beyond measures again and again;
- Namāmyaham: I salute.
My salutations To Lord Rāma who is the Lord of this whole world, who takes away/ dispels the misfortunes, and grants every kind of good fortunes beyond measures again and again.
This mantra is considered to be great for healing purposes like pains in the body. 108 times repetitions of the mantra can do great wonders. Look at the introduction for the influence of the Rāma sound on the body.
- Pronounce Ā/ ā like in the word car